Echovision announces THEO IPTV/VOD 2.0 Media Player SDK for embedded platforms
addressing the needs of the emerging IPTV market. THEO is a fully portable software framework
which facilitates the development of streaming applications and it provides the user with the ability to extend
or adapt its functionality. The framework is written in C using object oriented techniques and
design patterns software development methodology.
The player can be built as a library that an external application can use, thus abstracting all complexities
involved with streaming. Therefore the application designers can focus on the design and implementation of their
software having those two main software components (application - player) totally decoupled.
- THEO Embedded Media Player IPTV/VOD Middleware is a software framework highly optimised for memory and
CPU usage targeting embedded platforms with limited hardware resources.
- THEO SDK provides the means of porting the media player engine in any embedded platform in record time through a thin abstraction layer.
- THEO Media Player provides a robust API that can be used by external applications. (High Level API).
- THEO SDK provides programmers with the ability to extend its functionality in order to support any new audio/video formats, Video Servers, DRM engines etc… by building on a solid player software framework. (Low Level API).
- THEO is highly modularized thus providing robust APIs in order to use to all individual components constituting the underlying software framework. (Timers, RTP/RTCP, RTSP, SDP, FIFO, Buffer Management, Linked Lists, Thread Management, Message Exchange etc…)
Streaming Network Formats
Session Description Protocol (SDP RFC 2327)
RTSP (RFC 2326)
RTSP extensions to satisfy all video server requirements
Supported Media Formats
Video ES: MPEG-1/2/4, WMV9, VC-1, H.264
Audio ES: MPEG-1/2, MP3, AAC,AC3, WMA, WMAPro, DTS
Muxed streams: M1S, M2P, M2T, MP4, ASF, FLV
Easy integration with any other DRM engine
Windows Media Services (WMS) using RTP/UPD and RTSP interleaved
Easy integration with any other not currently supported video server.